Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The same weather forecast?

While I don't like to be critical of Environment Canada since many times their weather forecasts are accurate and helpful, it seems like the last week for the Churchill, Manitoba forecast, they have been using the same forecast each day and changing the day of the week across the top. Here's today's for example ... and yesterday's looked strikingly similar...


The promise of sunshine later in the week keeps us optimistic that spring is here but the forecast for the current day is cool with some snow and a northeast wind. Each day I keep thinking that maybe I'll write a post for tomorrow when I can take a picture with the sun shining. So today I have given in and have some cloudy pictures from the fen (courtesy of Krista Hanis) to illustrate the conditions out on the land.




And to all our Environment Canada friends, I know that this is a tough time of year to predict weather and I'm grateful for all the times when the blizzard warnings are right on, including the start time... -10 degrees Celsius is tolerable but maybe you could talk to the gnomes in the basement about the sunshine part? - thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I promise when I become a forecaster to help predict your northern weather more accurately. Or at least change the dates and forecasts a little per day to make it seem like I did work.
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete